Ready for one of my favorite recipes of all time? This gem is super easy to make, super heathy, and will impress anyone that you make it for. It’s also absolutely delicious, and will barely leave you with room for dessert (that’s a lie, there’s always room for dessert).
This is a go-to recipe for me when I’m cooking for friends. It looks like it took a lot of effort and time to make, but in reality it takes about 30 minutes and just a few ingredients. On top of that, it tastes like you’re being bad, but it’s actually healthy! This is one of those recipes that makes me want to high five myself.
This recipe is:
- Full of nutrients
- Super easy
- Less than 10 ingredients
- Completely filling
- 2 skin on salmon filets (1 pound)
- 1 can crabmeat (120 grams after draining)
- 115 grams mushrooms
- 2 packed cups baby spinach (5o grams)
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil, divided.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a skillet with one tablespoon olive oil and sauté mushrooms and garlic. Once done, add baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- While veggies are cooking, cut a slit (not all the way through!) longways down your salmon filets, skin side down. After that, cut a few slits short ways being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom or sides of your filet. This is where your stuffing will go.
- After veggies are sautéed, remove from heat, add crab meat, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Preheat a skillet over high heat with the remaining half tablespoon olive oil. Also preheat your ovens broiler at this time.
- While everything is preheating, divide your crab stuffing in half and stuff your filets.
- When skillet is hot enough that it’s starting to smoke, add both filets to the pan, immediately cover and lower heat to medium. cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, uncover and put under broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until the top starts to bubble.
- You want the skillet incredibly hot before adding filets so that the skin will get nice and crispy.