Ready for the simplest recipe ever? Two ingredients, a bowl, a mixer, that’s it. Ready? Go!
All you have to do is pop a can of full fat coconut milk (or coconut cream) and a bowl into the fridge, wait for them to get cold, scoop the coconut cream off the top of the liquid, and whip it up with some sweetener and a little vanilla if you like. Super simple! It goes great on everything. Put a dollop on some hot chocolate, dip strawberries in it, stir it into your coffee, put it on top of a brownie, the possibilities are endless.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or cream (see notes)
- .5-1 tablespoons erythritol
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Chill the can of coconut milk and mixing bowl for a few hours, at least until the entire can is cold.
- Scoop coconut cream off the top of the liquid.
- Add desired amount of sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form. It took me about 5 minutes.
- I have used A Taste of Thai, and Thai Kitchen before with decent results. Trader Joes coconut cream is the only brand that has never failed me, though.
- I have kept whipped coconut cream in the fridge for two weeks and it lasted well, it just got a bit hard.
- If you find that your coconut cream isn’t whipping, and is just getting oddly clumpy, you’ve gotten a dud can, there is no saving it. I’ve tried adding thickening agents to bring it back together, it doesn’t work.