Sometimes I do things, and just instantly regret it. For example, I blended the herbs into this mashed cauliflower in an effort to save time. Instantly turned it all a lovely shade of green. I guess it works out considering that St. Patricks Day is coming up. Let’s just pretend that I did it on purpose. Anyways, if you try out this cauliflower recipe the next time you’re craving a side of carby, delicious potatoes, I promise you won’t regret it!
I know that cauliflower sounds like a sad substitute for mashed potatoes, but it actually turns out really well. The texture is spot on, the taste is very similar (cauliflower is just a touch sweeter), and the creaminess is real. I want to use this recipe and try to make “potato” pancakes in the future.
This recipe is:
- Comfort food
- One head cauliflower (mine was 610 g after trimming)
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, divided (use ghee for paleo)
- 1.5 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Trim cauliflower and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cook until a fork can easily pierce the pieces. I cooked mine uncovered in the microwave with 2 tablespoons of butter for about 9 minutes, stirring every three minutes.
- Using a food processor or a blender with a tamper, puree cauliflower and all other ingredients until smooth.
- Serve with some gravy, an extra pat of butter/ghee and a sprinkle of fresh herbs, or a sprinkle of cheese if not paleo.
- Nutrition facts are based off of butter, not ghee.
- Feel free to experiment with different herbs, this would be good with thyme or rosemary as well.